Re: MC Marathon

Paul Wilson

Correction: not after every transmission, but at the end of a
"communication."

97.119 Station Identification.
(a) Each amateur station, except a space station or telecommand station,
must transmit its assigned call sign on its transmitting channel at the end
of each communication, and at least every 10 minutes during a
communication, for the purpose of clearly making the source of the
transmissions from the station known to those receiving the transmissions.
No station may transmit unidentified communications or signals, or transmit
as the station call sign, any call sign not authorized to the station.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 11:38 AM Paul Wilson via Groups.Io <dcmcrider=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I think Benn meant that supporting an event as Pubic Service event does not
exempt operators from giving their FCC-assigned call signs at the end of
every transmission, or every ten minutes.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 11:19 AM John Person <
john.person@...>
wrote:

Maybe we could work something out where club members come on every 10
minutes with call sign of Club Station

Jack Person

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 10:42 AM Benn Kobb <bkobb@...> wrote:

How is it that the Marathon net using W4WVP gets a free pass to avoid
station ID?

Mile marker numbers and "net control" don't exempt anyone from normal
amateur practice and FCC rules.

AK4AV

Join main@AARC-PUBLIC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.