Re: New ham KO4FFG on W4WVP/R

John Person

Thanks, Mike

I can take the net tonight but need to be off at 8:00 PM for a scout
meeting.

Jack Person

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 7:41 PM Michael Callaham via groups.io <vze32sw5=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

This afternoon I heard KO4FFG calling on 2-meter repeater W4WVP/R, and I
answered. He said he's a new ham, name Eliu, and ours was his second
contact. He took the Technician exam in Annapolis. He was operating from
home in Springfield, Virginia, using an IC-2300 and a Comet GP-3. He also
has a Yaesu HT. He had a good signal through the repeater.

I welcomed him to ham radio and invited him to listen to Newsline and
check in tomorrow, if he can. I also invited him to read about the
Arlington Amateur Radio Club at w4wvp.org .

If you hear KO4FFG on 145.47, please welcome him.

73,
--Mike nw3v

Join main@AARC-PUBLIC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.