Topics

ARISS SSTV event December 28 - January 1

kd9xb

The ISS was in the neighborhood this morning. I woke up to find four SSTV images that were fair or good.

I left my transceiver on all night, tuned to 145.8 MHz FM. I could turn the sound down, so as not to wake up the house, because the audio was piped to my PC by my SignaLink USB interface. The MMSSTV software was also running, and it keeps decoded images in its History section.

You can see the images here ...

https://twitter.com/SWRadiogram/status/1211635409089966080

kd9xb

On 12/28/2019 9:23 AM, kd9xb via Groups.Io wrote:
I have left my transceiver (Yaesu FT897D) on 145.8 MHz FM, and captured this today at 7:22 am EST, using MMSSTV decoder.

Antenna is 3-element vertical yagi on my chimney, permanently pointed south -- not the best for satellite reception.

On 12/27/2019 7:51 PM, Michael Callaham via Groups.Io wrote:
Please visit
https://www.ariss.org/

to see ARISS News Release No. 19-18, which announces ARISS SSTV transmissions beginning December 28, 2019, at 11:00 UTC and ending January 1, 2020, at 18:20 UTC. Transmissions will be sent at 145.800 MHz FM in the SSTV mode PD-120. For further details, please see the ARISS News Release.
--Mike nw3v

kd9xb

I have left my transceiver (Yaesu FT897D) on 145.8 MHz FM, and captured this today at 7:22 am EST, using MMSSTV decoder.

Antenna is 3-element vertical yagi on my chimney, permanently pointed south -- not the best for satellite reception.

On 12/27/2019 7:51 PM, Michael Callaham via Groups.Io wrote:
Please visit
https://www.ariss.org/

to see ARISS News Release No. 19-18, which announces ARISS SSTV transmissions beginning December 28, 2019, at 11:00 UTC and ending January 1, 2020, at 18:20 UTC. Transmissions will be sent at 145.800 MHz FM in the SSTV mode PD-120. For further details, please see the ARISS News Release.
--Mike nw3v

Michael Callaham