Topics

AMRAD meeting program on Montgomery County CERT and VERT

Michael Callaham

Not directly about Arlington or AARC, but I think of interest to some
in the AARC and/or Arlington CERT:

AMRAD has updated their home page at www.amrad.org with this info about
their March meeting:

8<- - - - -
At the March 16 meeting,  Steve Peterson will give a presentation on
Humanity Road/VERT presentation.  Mont Co CERT has developed a program
to retain members’ interest in serving their community. The
presentation discusses virtual activations by their VERT and includes
lessons learned and best practices.
8<- - - - -

I suppose VERT means Virtual Emergency Response Team, but I suppose
we'll have to see and hear the presentation to find out. The AMRAD home
page has full info, not only about where the meeting will be, but also
where to gather for tacos beforehand, which is how one learns when the
meeting will be starting.

Thanks to Al K4ZB for noting that the AMRAD home page has been updated.

I note that the March AMRAD meeting coincides with the first day of the
Virginia QSO Party:
<https://www.qsl.net/sterling/VA_QSO_Party/2019_VQP/2019_VQP_Main.html>
.

You may want to use this opportunity to operate as an expedition
(portable) or mobile station in Fairfax.

73,
--Mike nw3v
--
Science matters. Matter matters.