Topics

Club UHF repeater

Paul Wilson KI4PW

Thanks to the generous donation of Dennis Welch, WB7VUM, we now have a club UHF repeater. It's located on a tower in North Arlington, off Lee Hwy. It has excellent range throughout Northern Virginia, DC, and into parts of Maryland. I've heard it throw an ID while driving on Rt. 50 in Landover.

Details:

Frequency: 449.325 MHz

Transmit offset: standard (-5 MHz or 444.325 MHz)

CTCSS (PL): 151.4 Hz (sub-audible tone on your transmitted signal.)

Until it is changed, the repeater's call sign will remain WB7VUM.

Last evening Mike NW3V announced that after next week's regular 2m net, we will QSY (change frequency) to 449.325 and give it a try, for all who are interested.