Topics

Field Day with Alexandria Radio Club--Will you come?

Michael Callaham

At the April meeting, Arlington Amateur Radio Club members decided to
attend the Field Day encampment of the Alexandria Radio Club, call sign
W4HFH, at Joseph Hensley Park in Alexandria, instead of operating our
own club station for Field Day. The Alexandria Radio Club welcomes our
participation, but they would appreciate an estimate of how many of us
will attend. Also, they ask that anyone who stays long enough for a
couple of meals contribute ten dollars ($10.00) toward food costs.

If you would like to attend, please email me <mailto:nw3v@...>. I
will compile responses and provide a summary to Alexandria Radio Club
President Monica KC2IAY and Alexandria Radio Club Field Day planner Erik
KI4BXU (who is also a member of the Arlington Amateur Radio Club).

The Alexandria Radio Club website is w4hfh.org . The Alexandria club
will have a meeting on May 11 to plan for Field Day.

For us, this will be a return to the days of yesteryear (before 1996)
when the Arlington Amateur Radio Club and the Alexandria Radio Club
operated jointly, in the field, alternating callsigns (ours or theirs)
in successive years. Are you game? Please let me know.

73,
--Mike nw3v

--
Science matters. Matter matters.
Energy matters, including dark energy.

Paul Wilson KI4PW

I think I will not be joining you at W4HFH. Trying something new this year. I will likely be "One Bravo Mike Delta Charlie" from my boat.

On May 2, 2018 at 12:14 AM Michael Callaham <vze32sw5@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul,

If I were in your boat shoes, that's what I'd do. I hope we work u.

73,
--3v