Topics

Request from Arlington neighbor. I wrote him back inviting him to accompany tomeeting. Jack

John Person

Mr. Jack Person Arlington Radio Club
1040 N. Quincy St., Apt. 409

Arlington, VA 22201

Dear Sir:

I live in Arlington , VA at 1900 S. Eads, am physically disabled. and 83 years old. I would like to purchase a VHF scanner for monitoring police and fire broadcasts in the Washington area. Someone suggested that a member of your organization might suggest the best digital scanner for me, and provide me with other useful information. Could you call me at 703-623-5110, or email me at mrharrygildea@... at your convenience.

.Thank you

Harry Gildea

kd9xb

With agencies using digital systems, scanners have become complicated and expensive.

A good bet might be the Uniden Homepatrol 2 ...

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-013840

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/scanners/6420.html

The small supplied antenna could help limit signals heard to those of local interest. Configuration can do that, too, but this is where it gets complicated.

Kim

Dave Shaw

The website www.radioreference.com has audio feeds of most of the non-
encrypted radio traffic.

Also, using this data, there are several smart phone apps that allow you to
listen to the radio traffic.

This would be a free method to check out much of the radio traffic
available in the area.