Topics

Yahoo Groups Changing

Benn Kobb

Yahoo is making major changes to the functioning of Yahoo Groups:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html

Hat tip to KD9XB who found this.

Paul Wilson

We don't really use the features being phased out, however, it doesn't bode
well for the long-term viability of Yahoogroups. They've done this
before--they shut down Geocities with very little notice.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:53 AM Benn Kobb <bkobb@...> wrote:

Yahoo is making major changes to the functioning of Yahoo Groups:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html

Hat tip to KD9XB who found this.

Michael Callaham

Paul,
Thank you. I agree.
I remember Geocities. I stood up the first W4WVP website on Geocities, when it was free. Yahoo acquired Geocities and started tacking Javascript onto the end of my XHTML 1.0 pages, so that the XHTML could no longer be verified as compliant by the World Wide Web Consortium (w3c.org). Then, as you said, Yahoo Geocites ended rather suddenly.
--Mike, nw3v